This one is a little complicated for me because I’ve been working on my “wants” lately. I realized a few months ago that no matter what I had or how well things were going, I always wanted more. And that is such a loaded statement. I think it’s great to want things if they are the right things. But my typical list might include some purses, a few nail polishes and a nose job. But I’m trying to want the right things.
1) The motivation to do something with the novel that’s collecting dust in my office. I finally removed it from the floor of my husband’s closet when we moved and put it in a more respectable place: my newly painted desk drawer. Out of sight, out of mind, right?
2) The opportunity to reach out to young women. I’ve always been the person my friends come to when they need to vent/need advice. And when I was a kid, I was sure I’d be a counselor. Obviously life took me in a different direction, but I’d like to put this desire to some kind of good use.
3) To get my life together. I feel like I’m much closer to having a life here in Charlotte than I have in a long time. I have purpose and direction (at least starts to both) and I’m actually happy–genuinely so. I’d just like to have it all together. Organized. You know, keep up with the laundry and dishes and convince the hubs to make the bed every day.
4) To find the courage to open my heart to let a story that’s been festering out. It’s been sitting there since about Christmastime last year. I’m not sure of all the details, but I need to find the time to lock myself away and find where it takes me.
5) To remember to thank God every day for the blessings in my life rather than complain about everything and anything that isn’t going right. I’m such a complainer sometimes that I overlook all the things God has placed in my life.
6) To show my husband every day how much I love him. It’s so easy to fall victim to routine and life (especially when you work exact opposite schedules, no joke!). And a lot of the time these days, our very limited “awake time” is spent discussing bills and life in rushed moments. Take time time..
7) To spoil my best friend rotten as her Matron of Honor. Yes! You read that correctly, my very best friend is finally engaged to Mr. Husband’s very best friend!! And so often, with the two of us, it’s all about me. Gee, I know. Aren’t you shocked? But she deserves the spotlight even if she doesn’t want it. And she deserves all the happiness in the world. And I want to do my part to give that to her. Look at her something sparkly…isn’t it gorgeous? He did such a GREAT job! And the best part? The center diamond is his meemas! How special :)