1) Waiting waiting waiting. That seems to be a common thing among things the last few months/weeks/days. Thankfully the wait is over for a few huge things in the next few days. One of those being getting my car fixed. Let’s all just hope and pray that it really is just the part we think it is and that I won’t be carless much longer. Finding rides to work in a town you have very very few friends in is quite difficult.
2) I’ve been listening to Adele a lot lately. I get a little too focused on things sometimes and found myself reading her wikipedia page last night. Uh? I had no friggin clue that she was younger than me. Wow.
3) I would be lying if I said I didn’t watch the royal wedding. I contemplated ignoring it, but I felt like I’d regret it if I had. So I set the DVR and figured I’d give myself the option in case I wanted it. Well, I did. And I’m glad I did. It’s neat to be a little bit a part of history. And I like the couple. And I like their story. And she was stunning. I mean, who didn’t think she would be?
4) Our 1 year anniversary/my 25th birthday are both quickly approaching. And I’m having a time of it trying to convince Mr. Hubster that a Nook would be a fantastic joint gift. I also made sure to explain to him that a joint gift is only appropriate in times that I specify. We both have birthdays near to other “gifting” opportunities. Mine being our anniversary and his being Christmas.
5) Mom and Dad have tired of not getting to speak to me often because my cell phone minutes are so limited and we aren’t on the same network. And I’m a momma’s girl. I really am and have always been. I think it has something to do with being the baby. Although, now that I think on it, we’re all kind of “momma’s kids.” But I’ve spent a lot of my life talking with my mom. I run everything by her. I vent to her. I go to her for advice, etc. And it’s been really hard on me this year being so far from her and not getting to talk with her as much as I’d like. So my parents informed me that they’ve added a line to their plan and are having a phone shipped my way. It won’t be my main phone (at least for now) but it will at least be a way to communicate with my family on an unlimited basis which makes my heart smile so big.