Today I’m in a weird mood. And it’s a little difficult for me to find “what I’m loving” right about now. But isn’t that kind of the point of these posts anyway? To remind us that the week is nearly over (for all your normal m-f 9-5ers) and to take a break and remind ourselves that we do have things to love. But right now I’m hanging out in funksville and it’s no fun.
1) I’m loving the fact that one of my childhood bffs is PREGNANT!! She and her sisters lived in the house behind me growing up and we were together all the time. It just makes me realize how grown up we really are now. We spent the last few years traveling around for all of the weddings (5 out of 7 of us are married now) and now we get to have BABIES! Weren’t we just playing with dolls? Yeah. I thought so.
2) I’m loving who I work for. And what I do. And where I do it. Some days are a little more difficult than others, but at the end of the day they’re still cupcakes and they’re still delicious and it’s still fun! But the best part is who I work with. We’ve got a great team there and everyone is genuinely nice. It’s like hanging out with good friends and getting paid to do it! And it’s extra fun too because we’re starting to notice semi-regulars who’ve we started to make friends with too. I love making friends!
3) I’m loving that my hair is long enough for french braids again. I know I’ve mentioned that here before, but it feel like it’s worth mentioning again. Why, you ask? Because I don’t know if many of you remember (or know…) this horrible haircut?
Now it’s down to about my shoulders (which is where I wanted it cut for the original cut back in June of LAST YEAR!). Okay…I realize now I’ve been rambling about my hair for a little while. Moving on.
4) I’m loving that Mr. Hubs and I are spending much more quality time together lately. We used to just “be together” a whole lot (be in the same room, etc) without actually hanging out. And we’ve started to go to bed around the same time now too. Which I’m loving way more than the whole me go to bed at 9 thing and he stay up/fall asleep on the couch til all hours of the night.
5) I’m loving that when I just asked Mr. Hubs to tell me something that’s good right now for my last “I’m loving” he said: Gas prices are good. Porn. That’s always good. We’re broke, that’s good too. I guess I’m loving the fact that I’ve got a sarcastic hubby who takes even the crappiest of situations and makes me laugh about them!
Off to watch HIMYM on DVD with Mr. Hubs in the living room while Miss Bailey Bell tries to share her toys with the two cats. Good night!