1) I think I’m losing my mind. Or may have already lost it. Or something like that. I had to run to the bank this AM and decided to take Bailey pup with me. She loves riding in the car. So I grab my keys and bag and pup is prancing right along side me and I open the door and we both walk out. And then it hits me, and I scream Bailey’s name (who was just walking as normal) so loudly all the construction men working on the building over from ours stare at me as I tackle my pup to the ground. Yes. We walked out and I didn’t have her on a leash. [we live on the corner of a very busy main road]. I actually said out loud to myself when I finally got her back in the house what was I thinking? Then we get to the gas station and I put the pump in my tank and select the grade I’d like and I kept trying to pump my gas. And it took me about a minute to realize I hadn’t swiped my card. Mind? Where have you gone? Can you come back please? I miss you and need you.
2) Oh sweet everything that is holy. Work has been getting steadily busier as the weeks go on but man oh MAN! Today was just insane. Seriously. There was just too much to do and not enough time to do it in. And we could hardly keep up with the cupcakes. Every time the poor decorators brought up more cupcakes, we’d get wiped clean. We sold every last cupcake today. Over 1,000! By far our busiest day yet. Athens? What is up? Today marked 1 month of being open and it’s been such a FUN month! We had some super fun specials today and double stamp day in honor of the anniversary!
3) So rumor has it there are some pretty terrible storms that are supposed to come our way. Part of me is uber excited. I love a good storm. I just hope we all stay safe during it. But a good storm does a body good I feel. It forces us all to just focus on things that are important even if just for a few hours. Waiting out a storm just always seems so calming and relaxing to me which sounds kind of crazy, I realize. So far we just have some light lightning and some heavy rain.
4) I’m about a 1/3 of the way through my first craft. And can I just say I’m loving it? Even Mr. Hubster said he likes it! I’m really excited for how it’s turning out. I promise to share once it’s finished. Something that was weird was when I fired up the hot glue gun the scent sparked a rush of memories. I used to be fairly crafty as a child. I used to LOVE making things and being creative. Oh, and playing with the hot glue gun, I loved that. I don’t even know what I used to use it for, but the smell totally reminded me of being a kid. I remember when I was in the fifth grade I used to make these weird hot glue shape thingies that I’d peel off and bring in for my classmates. Weird, I know.
5) I couponed for the first time this week. Now, I didn’t do anything crazy like that extreme coupon show, but it was fun to save some money that I would have otherwise spent without blinking an eye. It was a fun little challenge to see how much I could save being such a beginner. Little by little I’m trying to get all the supplies I need/want for different crafts. One of those tools was a hot glue gun. If I was going to spend the money and get really serious about this stuff, I decided to go ahead and get the good one. I’m happy to say I bought a bunch of stuff and got it all (including the glue gun) for less than the glue gun cost! Yay for coupons!
Stay tuned in the next few days to see what my first craft is!! I’m excited to share it with you all!