1) I’ve been sticking to these new daily chores pretty well. It’s proven more effective (for me, at least) to expect a few things to get done a couple times a week to maintain the house rather than try to do it all at once. And it’s easier to convince myself to do it in the AM when there isn’t a huge discouraging overwhelming list. I’ve settled into a nice morning routine for now. I do think I’m going to need to up the coffee intake though. By 3PM I’m hitting crash mode fast and I’ve usually got about 4 or 5 hours of work left at that point.
2) My hair is finally long enough to wear in french braid pigtails again. Not that I wear this hairstyle often, but I love it and it’s fun and it’s always the first sign that whatever haircut I’m growing out is closer to long than short. And since I have to wear my hair up every day for work, it makes a fun do rather than just a pony tail. Plus my hair is nice and crimpy at the end of the day which is fun if Hubs and I are going out.
3) J had been handing the cooking now that I’m working so late. And I have to admit I was a little worried. Not because he’s not a good cook but because I wouldn’t be in control anymore. And for those of you who know me know that I’m a type-A-need-to-be-in-control type of person. But seriously? Why do we ever eat out when hubs has such mad cooking skills? He made this chicken in wine/butter/garlic/mushroom sauce the other day that I just couldn’t get enough of. And last night he made T-bones that were melt in your mouth good. And the best part? It’s often ready when I walk in the door. What a sweet hubs to wait so late to eat dinner and to serve me as I walk in.
4) My cat is a douchebag. I know that’s awful to say, and I’m sorry if I just offended anyone. But there’s just no other explanation for his behavior. He’s super whiney and massively clingy which I could probably deal with if that’s all it was. But then he’ll rebel against me and pee and poo wherever the heck he wants to sometimes. Dude, not cool. I clean his box twice a day now and he STILL leaves me little presents sometimes. And I know what some of you animal people are going to say: take him to the vet. It’s probably something medically wrong. Nope! He’s just an ass. I couldn’t tell you the hundreds of dollars we’ve spent diagnosing him with his douchebaggery. And it’s not since we added George-the-other-cat or Bailey-the-dog. He’s been this way for a while now. But then he goes and does stuff like this which melts my heart…
And my mom’s right. That’s all he wants. He’s such a darn mommy’s boy that I couldn’t even get rid of him if I really wanted to (or could even bring myself to which I can’t so don’t you blow up my comments telling me not to) because he’d be so obsessively annoying to whomever took him in his search for his mommy. If I was home all day he’d do nothing but sit on me all day if he could.
5) Anyone else watch American Idol? I wasn’t as shocked as everyone else was with last night’s results but maybe that’s just because I get bored easily with people. I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I really hope Lauren Alaina wins. I just like her. I like her voice and personality and just think she’s fun. They’re all good. Of course they are or they wouldn’t be in the top 8 on AI, but I’m ready for some of them to go home. I won’t be that meanie who name calls or calls people out. But I’m just bored of some people. I use the FF feature a lot on our DVR. Like during Iggy Pop’s performance.. Which truthfully? I had my hand on the FF button but couldn’t stop watching. I kept saying to Hubs, It’s like a train wreck. I can’t not look.