1) We are in Tampa, FL. Yes. We actually made it. Even though we left the house at 4AM. Even though we had a bit of a sad moment about an hour in (don’t worry, we’re all okay) and even though my car is currently at the Toyota dealership because the speedometer stopped working as we pulled into town. Can I please drive the car over a cliff? No? So I’m blogging in our musty hotel room while hubs is with the car. Oh, and I’m letting Bailey sleep on the bed because the darn dog is just so good that she deserves a bit of a treat right now. She’s such a trooper.
2) Florida traffic sucks. Dude, I’ve never seen such terrible drivers–and I’ve been to NYC! I guess I should have been warned. My sister blew out her horn and had to have it replaced when she lived here. I’m not kidding. This actually happened. People honk like crazy here for no reason at all. And we’ve only been here for two hours; I’m worried about how much honking we will endure this whole weekend. Well, that is if we even have a car to drive.
3) Since we’ve been in the car and completely disconnected from the world since last night, I just learned about the quake and tsunami in Japan when I turned on the TV upon arriving here. I can’t even imagine. I pray for everyone this has affected and feel like I want to hug everyone I love. Man, Mother Nature is just so unpredictable.
4) I showered last night because I didn’t want to waste time with it this morning. I hate doing that because it doesn’t matter if I only sleep on my hair for a few hours it looks and feels disgusting the whole day. So when we arrived (you know, after the car drama) we stopped at target to pick up a few essentials. And I picked up a bottle of Suave Professional’s dry shampoo. I was a little wary of it, but it definitely did the trick. Hair looks, feels and smells a lot better. Phew.
5) Hubs just called and told me that the five guys across the parking lot has outdoor seating so I’m off with Miss Bailey Bell to finally eat some lunch.Have a good weekend!!