1) Call me a dork, but I may or may not be reading my way through a few grammar books. Grammar is something I will always struggle with. Don’t let the English degree hanging on my wall fool you. I can write. But I am no editor! One of my favorite grammar books is Eats (,) Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss. And a joke goes a long with the book. A joke I always mess up, but I’ll take a stab at it anyway: A panda walks into a bar. He orders. He eats, shoots and leaves. Punctuation saves lives, people! Let’s eat Grandma! (Totally different than just “Let’s eat, Grandma!)
2) I like songs that make my heart feel something. I always have, even as a kid. I used to fall asleep every night to Delilah on the radio long before I ever had a TV in my room and long before FRIENDS became my nightly ritual. I am currently in love with a song from an actress on one of my guilty pleasure shows: One Tree Hill. Jana Kramer’s I Won’t Give Up.
3) I dyed my hair. Yes, again. For those of you who know me know when I get restless or antsy, I change my hair. It’s a chocolatey brown now instead of the stark blonde highlights I’d been sporting for several months. After a while, it’s just good to get back to your roots. Pun totally intended!
4) I am getting anxious for those big plans I’d mentioned a few weeks ago. Again, it’s too soon to share any details, but please do keep praying for my husband and I. We are both in a bit of a transition, and we could use all the help we can get. I’m usually not change’s number one fan, but this is a change (these are changes) I greet with open arms!
5) I debated whether or not to get into Idol this year because of all the changes. And truth be told, last year was the first time I watched religiously. The last time I watched at all was when Clay Aiken was on, and only because he was from Raleigh! I must say that I do actually LIKE the judges this year way more than I thought I would. — I understand the pressure must be insane on these contestants, and they all really must believe they are the next American Idol but seriously? When that Nick kid begged and pleaded for a second chance, I cringed. Dude, it’s over. Don’t make it any worse.
Have a happy weekend, Friends!!