*I realize I’ve been a blog failure this week. I’ve been in a funk and haven’t felt much like writing.*
1) Some changes have been going on around here lately, and as a result I had Monday and Tuesday off before I started my new job on Wednesday. I was all pumped to get lots of housework done, tackle the mountain of laundry that’s been growing and maybe get some meals prepped for the week. What did I do instead? I laid on the couch wrapped in my snuggie watching season 3 of One Tree Hill on DVD. Laziness at it’s finest, but I just couldn’t muster up the energy to do anything or, really, care about anything else.
2) Wednesday I started my new job. I’m just hostessing at a local restaurant, but it’s nice to have some social interaction. They agreed to my crazy schedule requests (just days on weekdays and no weekends). I was shocked. Most restaurants require you to work at least some nights and usually at least one weekend per month. Nope. I know God was on my side the last two weeks, and I’m thankful for that. And I must say that I, for the first time, really put everything in His hands as everything was getting worked out.
3) I have purchased some cat toys and some cat nip for Webster. He is as neurotic as ever. He keeps me up all night long just needing me. It’s so frustrating as I watch the hours tick by on the clock with a crying cat at my bed side. I brought an old blanket out and put it at the foot of the bed–it’s a blanket I used to have on my old bed at my parents’s house. He seems to like it, so he at least sleeps a couple hours a night now. But I’m hoping to get in a really good play session for about an hour or so each night so he’s uber tired come bed time.
4) I am heading to Western North Carolina next weekend to visit my brother and his family while my parents, my sister and niece all visit as well. I’m excited to see them. I’m also excited to spend some time in the NC Mountains. Fall is, I’m sure, much more dominant there right now than it is here in Georgia. Plus, I’ll get to maybe visit the University I attended my freshmen year. Unfortunately, husband won’t be joining me because UGA is playing at home and he has season tickets, but I’m sure we’ll survive one weekend apart. It’ll be the first time we’ve spent a night away from each other since being married.
5) I rarely talk about television on this here blog, but I feel like I need to discuss what I saw on Teen Mom this week. I’ve known for a long time now that Amber is ill and can’t handle her temper but watching her lash out at Gary and beat on him like she did just made my heart ache. I was surprised to learn that none of the MTV crew members or producers did anything about the situation either during it nor after. It came out today though that the state of Indiana is starting a Domestic Abuse investigation, and I actually felt relieved. I don’t know why I get so involved in my head with people I see on reality TV shows, but I do and that’s that. I just can’t help it.
I hope you all have wonderful weekends. Tomorrow wraps up a really rough two weeks, and I am really looking forward to my weekend.