1) As most of you know, I’ve been a little homesick since moving to GA. That, I suppose, is to be expected. I’d lived my entire life in a safety bubble in NC. Anyhoo, I have an editing playlist on my itunes that just gets me settled in and focused. The first song is one by Dave Barnes called Home which kind of makes me cry every time I hear it. My bff took me to see his concert just before my wedding and that was the first time I’d ever heard the song. And now every time I hear it, an image of her sad eyes filled with tears springs into my mind. And it just makes me miss her that much more.
2) While husband and I were in Walmart earlier tonight, I wandered through their clothing. And I just kept picking things up and asking him “why would anyone wear this.” I realized tonight that I must be getting old. I’ve gotten to an age where I get to see styles rise from the dead: acid washed jeans/ leggings (remember the ones with the stirrups?). I told Hubs tonight to be on the lookout for scrunchies, oversized socks over leggings and those hip clips that you scrunch your oversized t-shirts into. Man, my sisters could rock the heck out of that look.
3) I was going through my manuscript last night and realized if I stick to my schedule, my first round of edits will be done in two weeks. What? Didn’t I just start? Although, the more I read (which I’ve been reading a lot this summer), the more I’m seeing things within my own novel that I want to change. So maybe it’s good that I’ll finish this round of edits way sooner than I had anticipated so I can squeeze another round in before I start on the grammar part. And don’t let me kid you-I’m terrible at that stuff. I’ll definitely be outsourcing to my talented sister and good friends with awesome English degrees. Yes, yes. I also have an English degree, but I focused way more on the creative and Literary sides of things!
4) Speaking of reading a lot, I feel like I should share my opinion of a novel I just read. I just finished Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. It was completely different than what I was expecting when I started it (FYI, I don’t read the backs or inside covers of books. Too many spoilers). But I thoroughly enjoyed it. I typically stick with young adult these days as a sort of research, but I’m glad I took a little break for this one. I highly recommend it. Seriously. Go out, now. Go get it!
5) This weekend is another long one for me. And I’m actually really thankful for it. I haven’t been up to par as far as my energy level goes this week. Every time the alarm would go off, I’d curse it. And I’m usually more of a morning person. I’m looking forward to lounging around this weekend and getting (hopefully) ahead of schedule with my edits. The first UGA home game is this weekend, and I feel like I’m under prepared for the massive invasion this town is about to experience. I hope we survive!
Enjoy your weekends! Oh, and those of you on the coast of NC…BE SAFE! Earl, go away.