Wow, what a week. Really.
1) As most of you know, I’m not much of a cook. In fact, for the longest time I made everything teriyaki with a side of Velveta mac & cheese. Since becoming a wife, that’s something I’ve made a full on effort to work on. In fact, since being married I have not made a single thing teriyaki (mostly because my husband won’t allow it in the house, but I digress). As part of my dating anniversary, I picked a crock pot cookbook. I decided to start with something simple: a rump roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. It was, I must admit, pretty delish! Hubster got seconds!
2) Edits are coming along nicely. I’ve reworked my schedule, and it seems to be doing the trick. I’ve allowed myself to take “weekends off.” This way I still feel like at the end of the week my work is done. I see that as fair, right? I’d say three chapters a week while also working and keeping house and feeding my husband and taking care of a neurotic cat is enough!
3) Speaking of my neurotic cat. I finally got in touch with a vet and arranged to have his urine tested. I know, that’s probably not what you want to read, but hey. It’s life. Anyhoo, I brought in a sample and received a call today that Webster, does in fact, have a urinary tract infection. That would explain his incessant cries, clinginess and his “bad boy” behavior of “forgetting” where his litter box is. We have an appointment for him on Monday to get checked out and the doctor said he’d prescribe him some antibiotics that should get him back to good as new. Remember how I said he’s clingy? He is, as I type this, trying to climb into my lap. What a love bug.
4) Our wedding photos arrived in the cutest package in the mail yesterday. Seriously? I have never been photographed so flatteringly. I am usually the “photo bomber.” The one with the over eager cheese that makes my eyes disappear or the one with a huge bite of food in my mouth with a dear in the head lights look. But man! Miss Nancy Ray knows what she’s doing. Something I was quite proud of was that I didn’t shed a tear our entire wedding day. I was afraid I’d be that cry baby bride who doesn’t even look happy to get married. I just can’t control my emotions like that. But I was so filled with joy that entire day, tears couldn’t break that dam. But looking at the photos? Cried like a little girl!
5) Oh man! Man on man on MAN! I can’t contain my excitement. Hubster and I are gearing up tonight and loading down the car to hit the road bright an early tomorrow morning to head to Charlotte, NC. We are meeting our two best friends (who in fact happen to be dating!) to see Brad Paisley in concert. This is something that is becoming something of a tradition. We had such a wonderful time at his concert last year (which was just after hubs and I got engaged) that we all vowed to attend again this year. We are super excited to tailgate all day and just spend an entire weekend with the people we are most comfortable with.
Enjoy your weekends, friends!