Because life has been crazy, here is a post “spark notes” if you will.
1. Husband finally signed us up for a cable and internet package which will be installed on Wednesday. I can’t tell you how excited I am about this. We’ve been watching lots of SCRUBS and FRIENDS and stealing someone’s internet which, I must add, is pretty shotty.
2. I’ve had a half eaten loaf of banana bread sitting on our counter for about two weeks now. It’s covered and all, but I’m pretty sure it’s no good anymore. I’m too lazy to check on it but must as we are getting company on Friday and I’d hate to have to explain it’s presence.
3. I went to the store today and used my new debit card and had to stop myself from signing my maiden name. I never realized how weird that would feel. It’s okay, it’s a weird I’ll be happy to get used to!
4. Maybe I burn candles like crazy in my house. Maybe it drives my husband nuts because they are all different scents. Maybe I don’t care :)
5. I had to finally break down and buy a pair of those old grandma reading glasses from the pharmacy because I stare at a computer screen and read way too much to live with blurry vision. Yes, I realize a trip to the eye doc is in store for me once we get insurance. Just like a million other “to dos” once we get insurance. I swear that’s become my mantra these days: when we get insurance.
6. My best friend does not have the same cell phone service I do. This makes me very sad because my minutes are limited and I can’t just have a quick conversation with her. We’re usually too busy on the weekends and (shh…don’t make fun) too sleepy after 9.
7. It has stormed the last few afternoons here in Georgia. I must say, I love love afternoon storms. They might be my favorite :)
8. Husband and I got a wii over the weekend, and I get unhealthily competitive with it. And not even so much with him, more so with myself. I find myself pouty and stomping a whole lot. Especially playing this stupid 3-point shot basketball game.
9. This whole new iPhone 4 craze has me wanting an iPhone, or any smart phone (again). Although, it has been mighty refreshing to not care where my phone is and not check it every. single. second.
10. I got stuck on chapter 3 edits. While writing the novel, I used a “filler” name for the popular crowd because I couldn’t find the creative juices to come up with something clever. Well, when it came time to change the name, I ran into the same problem. I stewed over it all day long and had nothing. I mentioned it to Husband and he had something clever in like 2.0 seconds. Maybe the wrong person is the writer in this family.
11. I went for a walk around our neighborhood for the first time the other morning. For the first 10 minutes, it felt amazing out. And since I’m still new here, I could trick myself into thinking I was on vacation. That all ended when suddenly someone turned the heat on and I was suddenly sweltering and way too far from home. Next time, I’ll bring a water bottle and leave a little earlier.
12. Husband is considering returning our big screened TV that we bought when we first moved here and exchanging it for a newer, bigger sized model (thats around the same price) at Target. He called to ask me about it today, as if I could or would say no. A bigger TV, and you’re willing to do it? sure, why not. Now, we just have to find the receipt.
13. Eclipse is coming to theaters. People are going crazy. I liked the book series as much as the next girl (well, maybe not. I don’t have a “Team Edward” t-shirt or anything), but I think I’ll have to wait until it comes to redbox. Firstly, I don’t have any friends in GA yet, and I know there is no convincing husband to go. And secondly, I don’t think I could persuade husband to let me spend the money on a movie ticket. We’re pretty stingy about what movies are worth the 12 dollars it costs to see in theaters.
14. I want to apply for a part time job at Barnes and Noble. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it before, but wouldn’t that just be the perfect part time job for me? Uh, duh. I think so. Hopefully they’re hiring. And hopefully, they see how perfect I would be for the job.
15. I have no idea what I’m preparing for dinner. We’ve got a limited supply in the freezer and Husband wouldn’t leave me his debit card to do the grocery shopping today. Maybe we’ll go grocery shopping tonight.